Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eating out in India

While eating out in India (Bangalore specifically) I have been so pleasantly surprised at how many vegan options there are. Here are some of my favorites.

Cafe Coffee Day:
Vegan Shake-sometimes made of soy milk and sometimes rice milk. Make sure the uninformed staff does not mistakenly put dairy whipped cream on top. Ask if they have a soy or rice whipped cream.

McDonalds:
McAloo Tikki Burger with no mayo

Boca Grande: (in Koromangla)
Vegan Burger-veggie burger without sauce. I'm just happy the menu actually said vegan. I almost took a picture of it with my camera because I was so surprised.

Little Italy: (in Indiranagar)
Many many options. I can't exactly write down everything without feeling like jumping up in excitement. Although things are not marked vegan, the menu gods have clearly given it thought by offering substitutes for butter with various olive and sage oils and other seasonings. PS-it says "Jain on Request"...amazing!!!

Subway:
All the sandwich creations you can think of. Make sure not to opt for the "Honey Wheat" or "Parmesan Cheese" breads.

Costa Coffee: (I have not actually tried this yet)
Allows you to substitue any of the regular coffee and dairy milk with soya milk.

Barista:
Sugar Donuts and Blueberry Tarte (Yes vegan! according to petaDishoom at least)

Caffe Pascucci:
Bruschetta-ask them not to put butter on the garlic bread
Vegetarian Pasta-without cheese

Fava: (UB City Mall)
Orange Hummus (this is to die for-I really have dreams about this delicious dip)
Vegetable Cous Cous

Take 5:
Boiled Peanuts with onions and tomato appetizer

The Beach:
Vegetarian Manchurian appetizer

Mast Kalandar:
Samosa Chaat
Rajma Chawal-tell them to hold the side of yogurt

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure no problem! I'll be doing another one of these in about a month.

    ReplyDelete